Departmental Mission, Values, and Priorities
The mission of the Alabama Department of Corrections is to confine, manage and provide rehabilitative programs for convicted
felons in a safe, secure and humane environment, utilizing professionals who are committed to public safety and to the positive
re-entry of offenders into society.
- We value ADOC's employees as our most valuable asset.
- We value safe, secure and rehabilitative environment for the inmate population.
- We value upholding the public trust and a positive public image, emphasizing professionalism, honesty, and integrity.
- We value the dignity of every human being.
- We value leadership, which promotes safe, fair and equitable work environment.
- We value operating in the most effective and economically efficient manner possible.
- We value the ethical conduct of all ADOC's employees.
- We value sharing information, innovation and communication among all levels of staff.
- We value professional working relationships among employees and opportunities for personal and professional growth.
- Public Safety
- Safety of the correctional and departmental staff
- To ensure humane and constitutional conditions of incarceration in all facilities
- To provide education and job training as needed
- To ensure that the spiritual needs of the prisoners are met